A Program for Parents of Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder
This parent program focuses on a child’s everyday activities and interests as the context for facilitating communication. This research supported program helps parents become their child’s most effective language facilitator.
The More Than Words® parent program includes
- Eight training sessions for parents in small, personalized groups
- A Hanen Certified speech-language pathologist leading the program
- A pre-program consultation for the parent and child with a speech-language pathologist
- Three individual visits for the parent and their child with a speech-language pathologist where the parent is videotaped using learned strategies
Who Can Attend this Program
Families of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder or social-communication difficulties
What Parents Learn in the Program
Parents learn practical ways to help their child reach the following goals:
- Improved two-way communication
- More mature and conventional ways of communicating
- Better skills in communicating for social purposes
- Improved understanding of language
For an informational Powerpoint about the program, click here.
For program dates, click here.
Have questions? View our FAQs.
For more information on The Hanen Program, contact Sarah Friel at 617-969-4410 x281 or email@example.com.