OTA The Koomar Center has been servicing the Boston area community for the past 40 years providing consultation and direct treatment in local pre-schools and private schools.
These therapeutic services can significantly benefit students by addressing their unique needs and facilitating their overall growth and development. The inclusion of Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy aligns with our shared commitment to providing comprehensive support and creating an inclusive learning environment.
Difficult behaviors in the classroom may have foundations in sensory or communication-based differences. Addressing the root cause of these behaviors can have a profound impact on a student’s ability to access their environment to their fullest potential.
What We Offer
We understand there are many factors that can impact what kind of services your students need. When you partner with us, we’ll create a customized plan that fits your school’s unique requirements, which can include any of the following:
- Consultation to teachers and staff regarding analysis of tasks, environmental modifications to assist in enhancing attention, task focus, socializations, communication, and performance of skills in all domains.
- Classroom and playground observations when indicated.
- On-site screenings and direct care services when indicated following a consultation/observation.
- Promotion of program development to enhance School staff and caregiver knowledge of occupational therapy and speech therapy related issues and strategies.
- Training and Education of staff and caregivers as requested.
- Access to a network of therapy experts in a variety of specialties for consultation and ongoing programming
What Makes Us Different?
When you partner with us, you will receive both the benefits of a vast clinical network of specialists while also receiving individualized, hands-on care from experienced therapists. As an OTA school partner, you will join our dedicated team of clinicians that have served multiple school districts and have helped thousands of students meet their developmental milestones.
OTA is dedicated not only to the success of our clients, but that of our therapists and staff as well. Any therapist that joins your team is one who is supported in their continuing education, clinical research, and personal development.
All of our therapists benefit from direct access to a wide network of passionate clinical professionals through mentorship and training programs as well as directed clinical leadership initiatives. We provide a compelling, long-term career path for our therapists so they can continue to make an impact in our communities for years to come.
Want to Learn More?
We would love to connect with your team! Please fill out the contact form below and a team member will reach out to you to see how OTA can best assist your school.